Breakfast Anyone?

What is this splint called? And what is it’s primary use?

Moderator's Response
This is a Yolk Splint (breakfast anyone, get it???_described described by L Catalano, MD in the referenced journal. This splint is used to treat acute sagittal band injuries in non-rheumatoid patients resulting in dislocation of the EDC tendon can be managed nonsurgically in many patients with a customized splint called the sagittal band bridge or YOLK splint. (J Hand Surg 2006;31A:242–245. Copyrightc 2006 by the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.)

Previous article

What You See Is What You Get

Next article

Friend or Foe
WP Feedback

Dive straight into the feedback!
Login below and you can start commenting using your own user instantly